onsdag den 3. februar 2010

The actress I hate to love

Thank god for the movies Kambakkht ishq and 3 idiots they finally made me feel that my irrational love for Bebo is justified.
In almost every stinking (yes stinking) movie she has made she plays "Poo". An over the top bubbly and very irritating dits. From "Refugee" to "Yaadein" to "Khushi" she demonstrates the acting range of a nat.
I watched Chameli a role that was supposed to show more than just Poo, she even won a special performance award, but she still comes across as a dimwitted daughter of an actor. Nepotism is truly not great!
In Asoka she is good but I thought it to be a fluke in Omkara she looks good but the movie didn't really require anything else from Dolly since she hasn't many lines to deliver.

So why is it I have 20+ movies with Bebo?
She is Bollywood at it's best and worst. She is the perfect actress to whom you can switch of you brain and just enjoy the inconsistencies from a film industry that favors family and looks over acting ability.

Bebo is the perfect illustration of how I feel about Bollywood. There are no bad Bollywood movies there are only good ones and funny ones. Funny not as in slapstick comedy but funny as in "I thought they were in Delhi, what are they doing dancing on a mountain top in Switzerland?" kind of funny.

In kambakkht ishq there is finally a role that is perfect for Bebo. The role of Simi requires a pouting hair flinging "blonde" and she surely knows how to deliver. Which she should, because she played that role before even when the movie didn't call for it!
As for 3 idiots, I can only say that I liked the movie so much that Bebo didn't bug me and that must surely mean that she did a good job, right?

1 kommentar:

  1. I have had a hard time with Kareena from day one for pretty much the same reasons as you. I saw so many films where she played the materialistic self-centered role that she just came across as annoying. I didn't mind her in Asoka though, and actually started liking her in Jab We Met and K.I. I thought she was very good in 3I. She's starting to turn it around for me.

    SvarSlet